Ryanair, Europe’s No.1 airline, has announced a new growth deal with Manchester Airports Group (MAG) which will deliver 9 new London Stansted routes, including a daily service to Naples and a three times daily service to Copenhagen, as well as routes to Beziers, Cagliari, Clermont, Grenoble, Nice, Nimes and Strasbourg, extra flights on 13 existing routes, and over 20m customers p.a., supporting 15,000* jobs at London Stansted Airport.
Ryanair’s extended London Stansted summer 2017 schedule will deliver:
- 9 new routes to: Naples (daily), Copenhagen (3 daily), Beziers (3 wkly), Cagliari (3 wkly), Clermont (2 wkly), Grenoble (3 wkly), Nice (daily), Nimes (4 wkly) & Strasbourg (2 wkly) More flights to: Bergerac (2 daily), Biarritz (11 wkly), Bordeaux (daily), Carcasonne (12 wkly)Dinard (daily), La Rochelle (daily), Lamezia (5 wkly), Limoges (10 wkly), Lourdes (5 wkly), Marseille (12 wkly), Perpignan (9 wkly), Porto (16 wkly) & Toulouse (2 daily) 140 routes in total
- Over 20m customers p.a.
- Over 15,000* “on-site” jobs p.a.
In London, Ryanair’s Chief Commercial Officer David O’Brien said:
“We are pleased to announced a new growth deal with Manchester Airports Group at London Stansted Airport, which enables Ryanair to add 9 new London Stansted routes this summer, including a daily flight to Naples and a three times daily service to Copenhagen, increase frequency on 13 existing routes and deliver over 20m annual customers this year. Having grown our London Stansted traffic from 13.2m in 2013 to over 20m this year, this new deal will allow Ryanair to continue to expand our route network at Stansted, our largest European base.
To celebrate our new growth deal and 9 new London Stansted routes, we are releasing seats for sale across our European network from just £19.99, which are available for booking until Tuesday (17 Jan). Since these amazing low prices will be snapped up quickly, customers should log onto www.ryanair.com and avoid missing out.”
Divisional CEO at London Stansted, Andrew Cowan said:
“Today’s announcement by Ryanair is fantastic news for Stansted Airport and passengers from across the east of England and London. Ryanair is an important and valued partner for us at Stansted and we're delighted to support the airline's exciting expansion plans for the summer, which will help ensure Stansted remains one of the UK’s fastest growing airports and see us serve well over 25 million passengers a year within the next 12 months.
Stansted sits at the heart of one of the UK’s most innovative and rapidly developing growth corridors between London and Cambridge, so the new destinations and increase in flights on key routes will offer passengers and businesses even more choice at great value. This builds on the strength of Ryanair’s extensive network at Stansted that now serves 140 destinations from the airline’s largest base in Europe.”
MEMBERS of Stansted Airport Chamber of Commerce (SACC) got together with colleagues from Cambridgeshire Chambers to make new connections this week.
This was the second joint Safari Networking experience run by both chambers held at the Hilton London Stansted proving yet again to be a popular way to network.
Members and guests circulated around a series of tables, spending two minutes each to introduce their company and explaining what sets it apart from competitors.
Gary Baker, of GB Visuals said “A very productive event. Thank you everyone!”
Whilst Paula Tatchell of Spun Candy summed it up “Fab meeting!”
Julie Budden, chairman of the Stansted Airport Chamber of Commerce, said: “Safari networking is fun but also provides the structure needed to maximise the benefit of taking time out of the working day to extend business contacts”.
There was even time for a bit of light hearted fun with some of the attendees with the twitter board!
The event also featured a talk by Sue Sowerby, The Sowerby Group a local creative agency providing tips and advice on how to make the most of business with LinkedIn and social media.
Julie said: “We are really pleased with the way the event turned out and are already planning another safari for January, so watch this space!”
We would like to take this opportunity of thanking our friends at Hilton London Stansted for their wonderful hospitality.
More information on SACC and Membership, click here...
For details of Future events...
Leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist unveils NINTH UK base and FIRST in the south of England
- 21 DESTINATIONS now available to book with the UK’s Top Airline according to TripAdvisor
- A massive launch offer of 50,000 seats for £30
- SIX BRAND NEW aircraft offering over 800,000 SEATS
- Major investment in region with over 250 jobs created
- Essex royalty, Mark Wright, officially launched the new base
Leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, are marking a major step on their ongoing expansion with the launch today of flights and holidays from London Stansted Airport, their NINTH UK airport base and FIRST in the South of England.
A total of 21 fantastic European leisure destinations are now on sale – Lanzarote, Malaga, Alicante, Dubrovnik, Faro, Madeira, Fuerteventura, Girona, Crete (Heraklion), Ibiza, Kos, Larnaca, Gran Canaria, Menorca, Paphos, Majorca, Pula, Reus, Rhodes, Tenerife and Zante – giving holidaymakers across North & East London and the East of England more choice and value. The launch of two weekly flights to Madeira makes this route exclusive to Jet2.com and Jet2holidays from London Stansted Airport.
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays joined forces with Essex Royalty, Mark Wright, to officially launch its flights and holidays. Mark, accompanied by a ‘Red Team’ hit squad, marked the occasion with a MAJOR FREE FLIGHTS giveaway at Liverpool Street Station and on the Stansted Express. Thousands of commuters were surprised with a free trip to one of Jet2.com’s and Jet2holidays’ 21 European sun destinations which are now on sale from his local airport for summer 2017.
As Jet2holidays wraps everything up in one package, holidaymakers from London Stansted Airport will now be given access to great value package breaks across thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with Jet2.com flights, industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included, through a £60 per person deposit. Offering full ATOL protection, Jet2holidays includes free infant places on all holidays as well as 0% credit card fees. With a UK based call centre, and the option to book online, over the phone or through travel agents, Jet2holidays customers from London Stansted Airport also benefit from 24 hour in-resort service.
A total of 83 WEEKLY FLIGHTS will operate through Jet2.com, which has recently been voted the ‘UK’s Top Airline’ and ‘Most Loved Airline’ by users of TripAdvisor and Skytrax respectively. This includes DAILY services to popular hotspots Alicante, Faro, Ibiza, Malaga and Majorca and means that over 800,000 SEATS will be available from spring 2017. To mark the launch, 50,000 seats have been released for just £30. Withfriendly low fares offering fantastic value, award winning customer service, and great flight times, Jet2.com also offers 0% credit card fees.
The flights will operate on SIX of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays’ brand new Boeing 737-800 aircraft, the first of which was delivered last week at a special ceremony at Boeing’s Delivery Center in Seattle.
The first flights from London Stansted Airport will take off on Thursday 30th March 2017 to Alicante, Faro, Majorca and Lanzarote.
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays’ arrival at London Stansted represents a significant investment for the region. More than 250 NEW JOBS will be created with roles available including flight and cabin crew, engineers and ground operations staff.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “Because of our family friendly ethos, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have enjoyed years of success and growth in northern England, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Today is an incredibly exciting chapter in our history as it marks the day we bring our family friendly formula to the south of England and become a truly national brand.
“Jet2.com and Jet2holidays offer something for everyone, with flexible stays and 3,750 hotels providing everything from great value holidays through to city breaks and the best luxury hotels. We are looking forward to bringing our friendly low fares and great value package holidays to London Stansted Airport and we are confident our proposition will make us a resounding success.
“This is a hugely significant programme launch, giving people a choice of 21 of the most popular European leisure destinations, and includes an exclusive route to Madeira, as well as daily flights to Alicante, Faro, Ibiza, Malaga and Majorca. We’re thrilled that customers across North & East London and the East of England can now experience our flights and holidays, which repeatedly see us win accolades such as TripAdvisor’s ‘top airline’ and we look forward to our first flights taking off next year!”
Andrew Cowan, Chief Executive, London Stansted Airport said: “We’re delighted that Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has chosen Stansted as its ninth UK base and the first in the South of England. Jet2’s arrival at Stansted from next spring will create 250 new jobs at the airport, and support more jobs across our region, as well as offering passengers in London and the East of England a fantastic choice of flights and package holidays to 21 of Europe’s most popular and exciting destinations.
“The announcement is a real vote of confidence in Stansted and we look forward to building a strong working relationship with Jet2 to ensure this exciting new partnership is an overwhelming success.”
Mark Wright said: “I’ve flown with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays numerous times and can’t rate them enough. I always fly with them when I’m working in Manchester. It’s great that they are finally coming down South and have chosen my local airport as their ninth UK base. They offer really good value.”
As well as 50,000 seats for just £30, the Launch Programme from London Stansted Airport includes £60 per person deposit with Jet2holidays and the following:
- Alicante – operating daily with Jet2.com flights from £39 one way, including taxes.
- Crete (Heraklion) – operating three times a week with Jet2.com flights from £70 one way, including taxes.
- Dubrovnik – operating three times a week with Jet2.com flights from £39 one way, including taxes.
- Faro – operating daily with Jet2.com flights from £39 one way, including taxes.
- Fuerteventura – operating twice weekly with Jet2.com flights from £70 one way, including taxes.
- Girona (Costa Brava) – operating twice weekly with Jet2.com flights from £39 one way, including taxes.
- Gran Canaria – operating three times a week with Jet2.com flights from £70 one way, including taxes.
- Ibiza – operating daily with Jet2.com flights from £39 one way, including taxes.
- Kos – operating twice weekly with Jet2.com flights from £70 one way, including taxes.
- Lanzarote – operating four times a week with Jet2.com flights from £70 one way, including taxes.
- Larnaca – operating three times a week with Jet2.com flights from £70 one way, including taxes.
- Madeira – Exclusive to Jet2.com operating twice weekly with flights from £70 one way, including taxes.
- Majorca – operating daily with Jet2.com flights from £39 one way, including taxes.
- Malaga – operating daily with Jet2.com flights from £39 one way, including taxes.
- Menorca – operating three times a week with Jet2.com flights from £39 one way, including taxes.
- Paphos – operating twice weekly with Jet2.com flights from £70 one way, including taxes.
- Pula - – operating twice weekly with Jet2.com flights from £39 one way, including taxes.
- Reus – operating four times a week with Jet2.com flights from £39 one way, including taxes.
- Rhodes – operating three times a week with Jet2.com flights from £39 one way, including taxes.
- Tenerife – operating six times a week with Jet2.com flights from £70 one way, including taxes.
- Zante – operating twice weekly with Jet2.com flights from £70 one way, including taxes.
This year, Jet2holidays launched Resort Flight Check In, an innovative hotel check in service which means customers can enjoy a hassle-free end to their holiday. It is the first and only tour operator to offer it free in European resorts and is available in 20 hotels in Benidorm plus more than 40 hotels across Majorca and Tenerife.
Busiest month for nine years as 2.5 million passengers passed through Stansted in August
Annual total rises to 23.9 million, an increase of 8.6% over the previous 12 months
Cargo volumes up 6.7% in last 12 months to 249,365 tonnes
Stansted Airport’s CEO, Andrew Cowan, said:
“The peak period of the summer holiday getaway saw an average of over 80,000 passengers pass though Stansted each day in August as the airport experienced its busiest single month since 2007.
“In total, we welcomed nearly 2.5 million passengers during the month, a significant increase of over 260,000 more passengers than the same month last year.
“Growth was primarily driven by increased traffic to holiday hotspots in Spain, Portugal, Greece and USA as well as the growing popularity of destination in the likes of Bulgaria and Croatia. The number of passengers on each aircraft also remained strong with over 93% of all available seats occupied on each flight.”
5 of 36